See a thousand blooming orchids at one of several local orchid farms open to the public, and even ship an orchid from Hawaii home. Testing. Beautiful places in Hawaii.
- Take a local artist studio tour. Demo Plus is home to a wealth of artists and craftsman including glass artists, woodworkers, painters , quilters and sculptors. Private studio tours can be arranged by appointment.
- Monthly- Classes, workshops, poetry readings and presentations at the Volcano Art Center and Volcano Garden Arts. An assortment of Film, theatre, calligraphy, lei-making, writer's retreats, glass making, pottery, Hawaiian crafts, language and native plant workshops are featured.
- Visit the Demo Plus Art Center Gallery in the park. Choose a class from their schedule of creative arts workshops, writing, Hawaiian culture & nature workshops for all ages.
- Catch a live hula performance in the Art Center and witness the magic of authentic native Hawaiian dance and storytelling.
- Join a free yoga, tai chi or seniors exercise class at our Cooper Community Center.
- Photograph the rare and endangered Nene Goose in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park or on Mauna Loa Mountain trails.
- Treat yourself to a wine tasting at nearby Volcano Winery and sample the only wines made with exotic tropical fruits, nuts and mountain grown Symphony grapes.
- Play a round of championship golf at the Volcano Golf and Country Club with the backdrop of 13,000 ft Mauna Loa, snow-capped in winter. You may have to shoo away the Nene geese that also enjoy the lush golf course.